Thursday, September 25, 2008

Kyla Update

My little monster now has teeth 6 shes had them for at least a month or so. Im laying down and she decided to attack me. Now that she crawls she can do this. She's crawled officially since about 8m and 3wks, kinda slower but since she sat unassisted at 3m and 3wks it evens out. I know everyone said crawling is not always good, however as long as my floors are vaccumed, swept and mopped it is WONDERFUL. I can now go places and she can follow or entertain herself. Ive gained some freedom- a little anyway. She also loves to pull herself up on the fruniture or my legs to stand and walk. She stood up once all by herself today but I think it suprised her and she sat back down.

She had a Dr apt at 9m so last week or so. She is 18.03oz and I cant remember the ht. She is in the 50th percentile for wt and the 75 percentile for height So the height/weight ration is in the 25% since she is taller than fat. Apparently very healthy. Oh and I love those cute naturally rosy cheeks babys have.

Kyla's first official ponytail. It only gets the hairs on top and I can only do it when Seth is gone. He HATES bows and ponytails. When he sees her he says in his Kyla voice "yuk! this is discusting what is your mommy doing to you?" then he removes all bows. I wonder how long this will last.
As you can see I gave her a hair cut, the mullet/rattail is gone. (she been rolling around so her hair is really ratty right now) Oh yes and my favorite news. Kyla is weened no more breatfeeding! Hurray! Maybe my hormones will go back to normal and its nice not having to worry as much about exerciseing, and what I eat and how that will affect my "milk". Plus Kyla was getting way to curious about how she gets fed. She would detach herself and then try to eat with her fingers. Not pleasant or possible so she was cut off. This is now day three and Im suprised that it has been so easy and pain free. Now the problem is what do I say when people ask me are you still nursing????? I never know what to say and usually answer the question wrong. answer: YES to my job working as a nurse NO to breastfeeding.


3 comments:

Bairds said...

You need to tell Seth that Kyla is a girl and to get over it. Kyla is growing up way to fast and I need to see her soon! Oh, I had another dream that you had another baby girl and named her Kylie. Weird.

Baby Bling said...

She looks so much like you. I can't believe some people have the nerve to ask if you are breastfeeding. I would probably ask them why they want to know!

Shane's Posse said...

OMG! I can't believe how big she is getting! I love ponytails in her hair. I agree totally with your sis, she is a girl and seth definately needs to get used to that fact!